Monday, June 13, 2016

June 12, 2016 - Transfers, and Sister Johnson is in ...

I'm running out of ideas for a subject line, well actually I ran out awhile ago if you can't tell 🙃

So life is great here on the mission! We just got transfer calls! I am finally leaving my place of birth here on the mission and heading out to Fairbanks! Sis. Jackson (a sister who came out with me) and I will be white washing the 5th ward (white washing means that they are taking both missionaries out and putting bran new ones in) and by brand new ones I mean almost 5 months new. We both still don't really know what we are doing, but that's fine. The lord has awesome things in store, I'm super excited to be apart of it!




We got to go to the temple! It was my last time, for a really long time cuz they only have one in all of Alaska and I was privileged enough to serve the first part of my mission near it. It's so cute and
small too! It's adorable!

We also got to go in changes with the stls this week! I went with sister Grieve in the ocean view area of southern anchorage, it was actually really cool, she is such an amazing missionary!  I learned so
much.



I have been reading the Book of Mormon since being out here, as I read I almost feel like it is as if it is for the first time. So many different things stick out to me that hadn't before. I have read it a
few times in my life so as I'm reading I'm always like "how have I not noticed this before?" It is because this is the word of God, it is how he speaks with us and guides us. The things that stick out to you now, are because He knows your needs and wants at this time and he will help guide you through the Book of Mormon. I love this book so so so much! As I have been reading I have been putting myself in their shoes, as a new missionary so much has struck me that never has before. I want to invite you all to try it! As you read simplify and apply it to yourself. It will help and mean so much more to you. I love this gospel and I know that it is true! The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it does help us with the simplest things in life!

Anyways I love and miss you all! Keep being awesome! Make good choices! And remember who you are!

Love,
Sis. Johnson  🤗

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear where you're going next Sis. Johnson. I know it will be awesome. I haven't ever been to the Anch.temple nor heard that it was cute or small.

    Great work there in Anchorage. I know you will be missed there.
    Love, Laura Wood

    ReplyDelete