Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016 - Graduation

Hey family!!!
First of all, shout out to my dear brother and my future sister-in-law!!! I love you so much Allie! Oh and you too Sean ;)




So this week was pretty stressfully awesome! I love this work and I love my ward, but there are always those moments when you just want to pull your hair out! But I love them. So we OYMed into a new investigator this week. He is a native with quite a few cool gifts. He is super open to everything we had to say.... But he didn't come to church which was super disappointing. But we will be meeting with him this week so let's hope we can have another great lesson!

We also put our investigator on date for baptism! Wahoo!!! She is cute but we have a lot of work to do to get her ready for her baptism. She has been coming to all of the ward activities and
to church every week so that shows us she is committed at least.




This week we also got to help teach the activity days girls! That was super fun! There are like five of them, one of the girls isn't even in activity days yet. But we played missionary jeopardy about and stuff, then the activity days leader called them all on missions. She even gave them fake missionary badges. Then  she let us draw (I mean get called) on our senior missions with our future husbands, I got called to Las Vegas Nevada, hahaha sorry future hubby, it's destiny! But it was super fun and cute and all decorated. She even had cupcakes with cute little flags!

We also had an awesome lesson with our now progressing investigator. She is a single mom, probably a little older then I am. She is a very logical thinker. We went and got ice cream at
Dairy Queen and had our lesson in there. Luckily it wasn't too busy, otherwise it would've been hard to focus. But we had a great discussion! I love her! She is planning on thoroughly studying the Book
of Mormon. Which is awesome! She had already read some of it so that was great! She was even going to come to church, but then her son got sick so that didn't happen. Maybe next week :)

I had my last trainer trainee meeting!!! Yay!!! This week will be our last week of 12 week! I am so happy! We get our transfer calls on Thursday. Sis. Rose will be leaving me :( and I might be going or I might be staying we just don't know! The anticipation is killing me!!!



So last week our mission leaders moved to Tonga, I can't remember if I mentioned that, but to make a long story short, they felt they should move back there one day. Sis. Killary even got discounted plane tickets, but that meant they had to move within the month. When they told us we were so confused! Like what?!? Who just gets up and moves to Tonga randomly?!? They were such great mission leaders too! They met with us every week! So I was super surprised. But they felt
strongly they needed to move back. (Even though that is where their son is serving his mission) They were even moving into their son's area! The day before they were scheduled to leave they got an email from him saying that his mission president was wondering if she would work in the mission office and if he would be willing to do dental work on the missionaries.  And for a job to support themselves the mission president arranged for them to do bug inspection stuff (Bro. Killary is a dentist and he helped his son with a bug business so this was perfect). Basically they got a mission call to Tonga.... Where they get to serve with their son at the end of his mission..... I was
thinking about this and honestly.... It'd be weird. I love you mom and dad.... But idk, it would just be weird, and I need to focus  haha :)

Anyways I love you all! Choose the right! Remember who you are and what you stand for! Read the Book of Mormon everyday! It really does help with your understanding of what we as Latter Day Saints believe. It is the corner stone of our religion after all! So if you don't know or understand what you believe, then read the Book of Mormon! It is true, as a missionary I carry it and testify of it. So you need to read it!

We are going to Tonga!

No comments:

Post a Comment